Chinese Name : Gouqizi
Scientific Name : Lycium barbarum
Common Name : Matrimony vine fruit, Lycii berry, goji berry, magic berry, miracle berry, Chinese Wolfberry
Pharmaceutical Name : Fructus Lycii
Characteristic : Chinese Wolfberry is a bright red and chewy berry with a sweet and pleasant taste. It is about the size of a raisin. Since ancient time, the Chinese has been using this "cool" Yin tonic. They can be eaten raw, prepared as tea or used in soup and as vegetable dishes.
Constituents : Ascorbic acid, Beta-sitosterol, Betaine, Beta-carotene, Niacin and Pyridoxine
Precautions : It has no known side effects except that it should not be taken for acute colds, flu, pregnancy and nursing ladies.
Some of the benefits of consuming Wolfberry:
Wolfberry Vs Ginseng
- Having erection problems? Study shown that men who took 2 ounces of berry have higher levels of testosterone after a 10 day period.
- Having harmful toxins in your body? It is used as a general health tonic and it is capable of removing harmful toxins from the body.
- Having diseases like arthritis, cancer and diabetes? Survey in China showed that people who consumed this fruit apparently lived free from those common diseases.
- Want to live until the golden age? Regular consuming of the berry will increase in life expectancies reaching over 100 years.
- Having problem with white blood cells, protecting the liver or relieving hypertension? It is effective in increasing white blood cells and protecting the liver and relieving hypertension
- Having unwanted fat and high blood sugar? It displayed an insulin-like action that effectively in decomposing fat decomposition and reducing blood sugar
The Chinese has been traditionally consuming both the wolfberry and ginseng. It is a valued nutritional and medicinal plant of China. We believe that longevity and deficiency free life can be significantly extended by using either wolfberry or ginseng over a period of time. Wolfberry is milder as compared with ginseng. Large amounts of ginseng will not be suitable for people with high blood pressure and heart ailment.
Where to Get Chinese Wolfberry
It is a cheap herb. It is very common among the chinese community. At any china town, you should be able to get it from the chinese medical hall or at the market. You can even find them in supermarket.
Other uses of this Miracle Berry :For Eye Diseases
Having problem getting supply from your town? Then you can order from us. We can ship supply anywhere with postal address :
Always Take Good Care of your health!